viernes, 7 de marzo de 2008

del.icio.us

Okay...I went into Del.icio.us and opened up an account and I even imported some links. It's a pretty cool social software tool. You can choose the links that you would like to share and you can tag them. The most important part is that you can access other people's bookmarks and see what sites they visit. It is a very interesting program but as mentioned by one of my classmates there isn't really a lot of ways to implement it pedagogically. It's great for sharing but what can a foreign language student gain from this except for that it is an easier way to find websites in the target language. This is a good tool for that because people usually bookmark interesting sites, meaning that the sites that the students access will probably be meaningful.

On the right is my de.icio.us list just in case anyone wants to see what I have been looking up lately.

3 comentarios:

Elizabeth dijo...

Parece que tenias mas exito con del.icio.us que tuve yo...

Todavia me cuesta entender la utilidad de este sitio.

Liz dijo...

I just signed up for del.icio.us too because of our discussions in class. I think there are ways that you could use it in a class though. You could create your own account and have your students do the same. Then you could share important sites with your students that you wanted them to look at. You could tell them to read any article you have tagged with "Spain" and "holiday". you could even have them all work on projects together and thus have to share sites they think are relevant to the project.

M dijo...

I think your idea about having students use social sites to locate target-language material is very interesting. When I first made my blog post last week, I was sort of anti-social software, but after reading a lot of the posts that people have made, it's gotten me thinking about it. I mean, I'm not quite at the point where I am advocating the use of these sorts of tools, but I'm a bit more open to the possibilities they could offer.
Oh, and by the way: they put new computers (with SMART tools!!!) and new projectors in the Turlington classrooms!!. I can't even believe it, they've actually started the move into the 21st century! hehe.