Well, this week in class we talked about ideas for our final project. Since we started the semester I have been thinking about how text-chat can be used in second language acquisition but I didn't think that there were actual studies on the topic until one day our professor mentioned that there were. So, I think for my final project I want to propose a study that research how text-chat can influence oral production skills. While talking to some of my classmates on Monday, they suggested that I should also look at how text-chat can influence written production. Also, for my study I would need to define what fluency is or chose a definition from a previous study and base fluency on that. I also need to take into account different learning styles.
Possible research question:
1. Is there any transference of written syntax in the participants' oral production?
The topic is interesting to me because as a Spanish teacher I realize that a lot of my students are very reluctant to producing language orally and I would like to see what effect would text-chat have on that. Also, I realize that a lot of advanced Spanish students tend to not have very good oral production when trying to express ideas and I wonder if participating in text-chats could help them improve in that area. I hope to find that this actually does happened and could be a good tool in the classroom.
viernes, 22 de febrero de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

1 comentario:
I was interested to see that studies existed on this topic as well. Defining fluency is also an interesting subject in itself. I look forward to seeing your project develop... :)
Publicar un comentario